Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I am so damn efficient

I am a wedding planning machine, people! I have been engaged for 3 weeks and I now have---

1. A dress! So excited!!! It's beautiful but I'm not going to talk about it much here because who know if a very special you know who reads this. Let's just say I got a CRAZY AMAZING deal!

2. A location and date--- Location is Windows on the River... my DREAM wedding spot. I have literally wanted to get married there since I was in high school. Seriously. A friend had a project for extra credit about planning her wedding and I told her she should have her reception there. AND 7 years later I AM!!!!!!!!!!! Check them out on their website -- www.windowsontheriver.com The date is May 24th. "A sunday?" you may ask. Yes, and it's saving me crazy amounts of money!

3. A photographer. Chris and I met with and hired a photographer Monday night. I"m really psyched because I love his stuff. And the best part about it is the name- Rad Productions. Could it be more perfect???

4. A DJ--- our DJ is my friend Matt Haze from high school. And no- this is not a random friend being our DJ. Matt has been DJing as long as I've known him (and that is about 10 years!) so I'm really stoked to have him be part of our day.

That is all for now. Pretty good for 3 weeks of engagement, no? The next thing on my list is engagement pictures. That will likely be followed by invitations and flowers. We're have the ceremony at Windows so that takes a big weight off finding someplace for that. I THINK Chris's uncle is going to do it. We'll have a kind of non-denominational service (his uncle is a presbyterian minister, we're lapsed catholics- we'll make it work i'm not worried.). But it should be amazing and I'm counting down the days (209!).

I hope all is well in all your worlds.

Sara

1 comment:

rad said...

man, that photographer sounds really cool!!!